Online / Remote Consultation
Although an in-person class or consultation is often the best way to access my services there may be times when that's just not possible or desirable. That's where online or remote consultations are really useful.
During Covid 19 all consultations / classes will start as video appointments. Home visits will only be offered if absolutely necessary and following a risk assessment. PPE will be used.
A short 10 min phone call is always free so we can work out the service that suits you best but a full consultation takes time. I will always let you know if a full in-person consultation would be the best option, eg for some breastfeeding issues, and we can organise that.
The full KGH Course (12 hours over two or four sessions at mutually agreed times) - £360 (contact me for details)
The full KGH Course in an online group (12 hours over four sessions) - £225 (contact me for details)
(for complex breastfeeding issues a longer consultation (£75) or two consultations within a few days might be necessary - this will incur additional charges but I always try to keep these to a minimum)
Month long postnatal support package - includes 3 x 50 min video consultations plus scheduled daily phone calls for the first week and ongoing text / email / phone follow up for the rest of the month - £165 (book the first session and put a note in the message box that you want this option, thank you)
Telephone, text & email follow up is inclusive for one week following remote consultations unless otherwise stated. Clients are also invited to a private Facebook group as a bonus.
See the individual services for full details or send me an email and we can work out the details.
I look forward to working with you.
Terms and Conditions & Consent Form (Online)
You will be asked to confirm that you've read and agreed to these before the consultation.
A Midwife is a specialist in normal pregnancy, birth and postnatal care. In the event of deviations from normal you will be offered referral to or advised to contact appropriate medical expertise. You are, of course, able to decline any such referral.
An International Board Certified Lactation Consultant holds a professional qualification and is an expert in breastfeeding support and infant feeding. The IBCLC will recommend contacting a doctor about medical issues.
The consultation may, as appropriate, include:
* a detailed medical history of mother & infant/s,
* an assessment of maternal / infant anatomy
* observation of feeding to evaluate technique and effectiveness of feeding,
* recommendations for care during pregnancy, birth or postnatally,
* recommendations for management to improve and / or resolve breastfeeding issues.
The client and the Midwife / IBCLC each have responsibilities. The client is asked to confirm the following:
* I understand that I am responsible for informing the Midwife / IBCLC of changes I feel are necessary in the care plan at the time of the consultation or during the course of follow up communication.
* I understand it is my responsibility to contact the Midwife / IBCLC with progress reports or questions.
* I understand that an in-person consultation or further online appointments are sometimes necessary and may incur additional fees.
* I understand that equipment such as breast pumps may sometimes be recommended to manage specific situations and it will be my responsibility to acquire any such equipment.
* I understand that where breastfeeding is the aim there may be situations where the Midwife / IBCLC recommends appropriate use of supplementation.
* I understand that any change from a doctor's recommendations should be discussed with the doctor and that health care issues of a medical nature should be discussed with a doctor.
* I authorise the Midwife / IBCLC to provide my GP / HV or other HCP with information about this consultation at my request.
* I understand that the IBCLC may contact my GP / HV or other HCP if the IBCLC feels it necessary to consult with them and although this would usually be after discussion with myself, in the event of concerns about my safety or my baby's safety, the Midwife / IBCLC has a legal obligation to refer / seek help.
* I understand this is a paid-for service, separate to the NHS, and that payment is expected prior to or at the consultation.
* I understand that my details and notes from the consultation will be kept in accordance with current data protection laws and I consent to this.
* Online services will take place via Zoom, you may request that they are recorded and the recording made available to you - in these cases it will be sent via encypted file transfer services. (MailBigFile)